Wednesday, January 21, 2009


Let's Get This Show on the Road

Week 12: I finally heard back from the scheduling office about my surgery. My cancer surgeon and my plastic surgeon only have one hospital in common, so it was more challenging than usual to schedule a time that both could be there. One to cut me open, one to sew me up. Now I wait. I have to be at Fair Oaks Hospital at 6:30am on Wednesday, January 28th. Hell, that's so early I might as well spend the night and have them roll me in when they're ready. My sleep resumes on the operating table at 8:00am. Maybe this time I'll actually pack those Heinekens that I told my sister I had for my mastectomy. That was during my post-op haze, but it goes to show you what I must have been dreaming about. If I can sip Bailey's in the line to see Santa, surely I can have a beer in the recovery room when I wake up from surgery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ann, you are in my thoughts! You go girl!!!!You can do it!!!
Beat this thing once and for all!

Post a Comment