Friday, January 9, 2009


Introduction / Why We're Here

Hello, and welcome to my blog! For those of you who don't know me, my name is Ann Dollard, but most people just call me Ann (aside from other unmentionable names I'm sure I've been called at some point). In short, I'm starting this diary because I'm 44 years old and I've been diagnosed with Stage III breast cancer for the second time in five years. The situation stinks and I want the world to know it. I wasn't familiar with blogs the first time I had cancer; in fact, I'm not sure they even existed. Thus, instead of posting my thoughts, feelings, ill-famed attempts at humor, and distorted realities (accurate as they may be), I wrote a series of emails dubbed "My Cancer This Week." The emails served as updates about my journey through breast cancer. I sent them to various people I knew and didn't know whether they wanted to receive them or not. Now that I'm "on the web" (she says with pride) for all the world to see, I don't have to bother anyone anymore! You can decide to read my blog if you want to, when you want to, and if you elect not to devour my every word, that's okay. I'll get back at you somehow. I've covered a lot of ground since the news of "Ann's Story" first broke several weeks ago. Stay with me in the coming days as I post everything you need to know to get caught-up on what's happened so far. But be forewarned: I tend to wear my pink-ribbon wrapped heart on my sleeve, so it's conceivable that what I confess won't suit the fearful or easily offended reader. I smoke, swear, spit, drink and use foul language. And sometimes I tell the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment