Sunday, January 11, 2009


Gee, This Seems Familiar

Week 4: This week, rather than being allowed to cancel the PET scan if the MRI results were good, I had to keep the appointment. At least my trip down the pipe wasn't nearly as uncomfortable as before. The last time I had a PET scan, it was to get the "all-clear" from any signs of cancer after my course of treatments. Back then, I couldn't comfortably stretch my arm over my head because of lingering problems from surgery. Keeping my arm raised and immobile caused my neck and shoulders to cramp to the point of excruciation. I wanted to lower it so badly, but I knew it would screw-up the scan if I did -- and then we'd have to start all over. So I laid in agony. Thank the Lord for small favors; I didn't have to suffer like that this time. And it was such a joy to be shot-up with more radioactive dye. Now that I've decided to keep a blog, I'm finding out how challenging it is to write on a regular basis. I'm worn out and we haven't even got to the good parts yet. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment