Wednesday, January 21, 2009


Finding Inspiration in a Song

Week 12: This week I added a link to the song "It's Not My Time." I don't recommend that you easy-listeners set the volume on your speakers too high if you plan to click on it. Don't let the soft beginning fool you. I'm keeping the song handy because I hope it will help me keep what's important in perspective. If I'm going to survive, I can't let moments of despair derail me. When I'm feeling down and out, I need that inner voice to remind me, "I'll be damned if I'm going anywhere." The song is by Three Doors Down. You might need to open another window, then click on the link and sing along...it goes like this:
"Looking back at the beginning of this And how life was Just you and me and love and all of our friends Living life like an ocean But now the current's slowly pulling me down It's getting harder to breathe It won't be too long and I'll be going under Can you save me from this? 'Cause it's not my time, I'm not going There's a fear in me, it's not showing This could be the end of me And everything I know, Oooh, I won't go I look ahead to all the plans that we made And the dreams that we had I'm in a world that tries to take them away Oh, but I'm taking them back 'Cause all this time I've just been too blind to understand What should matter to me My friend, this life we live It's not what we have, it's what we believe And it's not my time, I'm not going There's a fear in me, it's not showing This could be the end of me And everything I know But it's not my time, I'm not going There's a will in me And now I know that This could be the end of me And everything I know, Oooh, but I won't go I won't go There might be more than you believe (There might be more than you believe) And there might be more than you can see But it's not my time, I'm not going There's a fear in me, it's not showing This could be the end of me And everything I know But it's not my time, I'm not going There's a will in me and Now it's gonna show This could be the end of me And everything I know There might be more than you believe (There might be more than you believe) And there might be more than you can see But I won't go, Oh no I won't go down Yeah"

No comments:

Post a Comment