Thursday, June 23, 2011


Shuttle Launch Alert!!

Sadly, no one else cares, but I'm VERY, VERY EXCITED about going to the LAST EVER space shuttle launch on July 8, 2011. Yes, my friends, I have the awesome good fortune of going to Cape Canaveral with tickets in hand! Wanting to see the shuttle take off has been on my list of things to do before bucket lists were invented.

Now all of the sudden, with the announcement that NASA's space shuttle program is no longer in the budget, everybody and their moms want a piece of the action. There was such overwhelming demand for tickets that the Kennedy Space Center set-up a lottery system for the opportunity to purchase them. I've been on the mailing list for months, waiting patiently for the announcement that one could go to their website to register. When that day finally came, it read "one entry per household." So at my prompting, I sent an email to my family and encouraged them to sign-up for yours truly to increase my chances of winning. I told them if they win, I'd let them come, too.   Hah!

Alas, my entry was overlooked. HOWEVER, my nephew Michael's, was not! YEEEHAAAH YYIIPPPEEE! YIPPIE YAAAY! "We're going to Flor-i-da. We're going to Flor-i-da." (She says with a butter churn and sounding similar to Eddie Murphy's chant, "you ain't got no ice cream; you ain't got no ice cream".)

We have our plane tickets and we'll be staying in an oceanfront condo at Cocoa Beach, home of Jeannie and her astronaut Master. I can't wait!!

More details to follow!

2 comments:

Sunbee (Sherrel) said...

Wow, that's great Ann! I saw the first shuttle land in CA when I lived there and now the last shuttle to launch and land will be full circle.

Hope all is well.
~Sherrel

Anonymous said...

Ann
I am so happy you were able to witness history being made. I heard you all had an awesome time.
Love ya Mother

Post a Comment