Sunday, June 6, 2010


A Day at the Beach No Longer a Day at the Beach


Did I mention I went to the beach recently and that I came back with an unusual reddening of my skin along the scar of my mastectomy, along with a raging outbreak of what I presumed was the onset of adult acne on my face? Because they occurred at the exact same time, I put the two symptoms together and thought they might be related. The only thing that came to mind was that they were reactions to something internal - like a leak in my implant? So off I went for yet another round of medical appointments.

First stop, my plastics doc. She determined the implant was intact and there were no issues with it. She suggested the redness might be "radiation recall," but because the skin had actually turned into very thin scabs in some places, she said it could be a staph infection, especially considering the rash on my face, too. Thus, I was sent on my way for a consult with a dermatologist.

By the time I was able to get an appointment with the skin doc, much of the rash and redness/scabbing was clearing up already. Nonetheless the dermatologist took a small chunk of skin off my breast for a biopsy and then scraped a few skin cells off my face for testing, too. And that was that. Should have results soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope everything is fine, sweetie!
<3 Julie

Post a Comment