Monday, December 7, 2009


Happy Birthday, Happy Lifeday

Today is my sister Jennifer's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEN! Tomorrow marks the one-year anniversary of being told I have breast cancer again. As promised when I started writing this blog, I'm still here to tell you about it. It's a good thing Doreen Gentzler isn't coming over for a before-and-after segment (you might recall she was on my doorstep when the "you have cancer" phone call came last year) because I don't look anything like that young, hip, sexy mama of yester-year that you see in her newscast video of me. Nothing can erase the wear-and-tear that the chemo put on my body over the past year, but like it or not, it's what God gave me, or should I say, saved of me, and that's what matters. So I raise another glass, baby. Life rolls on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ann--I haven't read your blog in a while--where does the time go? But I was thrilled to hear that you are doing better!! I lost my mom to breast cancer 25 years ago. NOt that todays treatment is a 'good time' but there was nothing like it in 1984. She didn't stand a chance. Anyway--Happy Belated Lifeday! Any new posts? JoEllen

Anonymous said...

Hey I really like your blog :) Please check mine out! http://ash34.blogspot.com/ or http://allyouneedislove-ash34.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment